Top 10 Richest Women in the World in 2021
Have you ever wondered who the richest women in the world are and what they do in life? This article could answer those questions as we will list the top 10 richest women in the world in 2021.
According to a Forbes article, there are 328 women billionaires this year, which is quite a big jump from last year’s 241. Compared to the total number of billionaires of 2,755, women make up 11.9%.
The number of their net worth changes daily. But these are currently figures from 17/6/2021.
Francoise Bettencourt Meyers & family (93 billion)
- Born on July 10 1953 in France.
- Francoise Bettencourt Meyers & family own around 33% of L’Oreal stock.
- She was on L’Oreal’s s board since 1997.
- The richest woman in the world.
Alice Walton (62.7 billion)
- Born on October 7, 1949, in the United States.
- Walton family owns around 50.85% of retail giant Walmart.
- Walmart introduced free shipping as part of the Amazon Prime membership program that boosted online sales and therefore the share price increased.
- She was an equity analyst and money manager.
Julia Koch & family (47.3 billion)
- Born on April 12, 1962, in the United States.
- American socialite, billionaire, philanthropist.
- She inherited a 42% stake in Koch Industries from her husband who died in 2019 at age 79.
- Koch industries manufacture paper, process minerals, create fertilizers, and refine oil.
- She donated 10 million dollars to Medical Center and 10 million dollars to Children’s Hospital.
Miriam Adelson (34.7 billion)
- Born on October 10, 1945, in Palestine.
- Israeli American physician.
- She owns more than half of the 48 billion dollars gambling empire.
- She is a medical doctor focused on addiction.
- She and Sheldon founded the Sheldon G. Adelson Research Clinic in Las Vegas
Yang Huiyan & family (33.2 billion)
- Born in 1981 in China.
- Businesswoman and property developer.
- She owns 57% of the property development company Country Garden.
- A large share of the Country Garden was transferred to her by her father Yeung Kwok Keung in 2007.
- She holds a degree from Ohio State University.
Jacqueline Mars (31.5 billion)
- Born on October 10, 1939, in the United States.
- American heiress and investor.
- She owns approximately one-third of Mars, the world’s largest candymaker.
- Mars was founded by her grandfather.
- She worked for the company for nearly 20 years and served on the board until 2016.
Susanne Klatten (31.1 billion)
- Born on April 28, 1962, in Germany.
- Billionaire heiress.
- She owns 19% of automaker BMW.
- Her father Herber Quandt made a name for himself by saving BMW from bankruptcy and introducing it to the luxury market.
- She also holds stakes in Altana (a German chemical company) and Entrust (technology company)
Gina Rinehart (23.8 billion)
- Born on February 9, 1954, in Australia.
- Australian mining magnate and heiress.
- She is the daughter of high-profile iron-ore explorer Lang Hancock.
- Gina restructured her father’s company, Hancock Prospecting.
- She also expanded into agriculture, buying several cattle stations.
Abigail Johnson (22 billion)
- Born on December 19, 1961, in the United States.
- Abigail owns a 24,5% stake in the mutual fund giant Fidelity Investments.
- She served as CEO of the company since 2014, and as chairman since 2016.
- Fidelity launched a cryptocurrency platform that allows institutional investors to trade bitcoin and ether.
Iris Fontbona & family (21.1 billion)
- Born in 1942 in Chile.
- Chilean Miner, Media proprietor, businesswoman.
- Iris inherited the business Antofagasta Plc from Andrónico Lukšić, who made fortune in mining and beverages before dying of cancer in 2005.
- She also owns a stake in Quiñenco (a Chile-based conglomerate with investments in leading companies)
- Her son Jean-Paul Lukšić is chairman of Antofahasta.
The top 10 richest women in the world in 2021 are as follows:
- Francoise Bettencourt Meyers & family (93 billion)
- Alice Walton (62.7 billion)
- Julia Koch & family (47.3 billion)
- Miriam Adelson (34.7 billion)
- Yang Huiyan & family (33.2 billion)
- Jacqueline Mars (31.5 billion)
- Susanne Klatten (31.1 billion)
- Gina Rinehart (23.8 billion)
- Abigail Johnson (22 billion)
- Iris Fontbona & family (21.1 billion)
If this was interesting to you, read who are the 10 richest people in the world.